Information for Students
Why use Yellow Door Lets®?
Yellow Door Lets® have the largest choice of high quality student houses in Lancaster in the very best locations. Because we own all the properties you are dealing directly with your landlord and not a agent, which makes it easier to ensure maintenance and any other issues can be dealt with quickly. We have the best choice of houses for Lancaster and Cumbria University students. All our properties are fully furnished and fully equipped, with a separate lounge and at affordable rents. We provide an excellent service to our tenants with support throughout your tenancy. We do not charge any application fees and we give you FREE Contents Insurance.
We have houses to suit student groups up to 9 people, alternatively we have a large number of houses next door to each other to suit groups of up to 16+ students!
We have a large variety of houses to suit different requirements such as parking facilities, being close to the train station, having the bus stop on your doorstep, large garden, etc. Please contact us and we will do our best to match your requirements with a Yellow Door Let’s house.
Free Contents Insurance
Confirm your FREE contents insurance
Your contents. Covered.
By partnering with Endsleigh, the No.1 student insurance provider, we’ve arranged free contents insurance for all our students staying with us.
It is important all students confirm their cover to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered. Plus you’ll also be entered into a prize draw, courtesy of Endsleigh!
Visit confirm your cover to see:
- What is and what isn’t covered
- Key exclusions – where cover isn’t provided
- Policy excess – the amount you pay when you make a claim
- How to make a claim
- Personalise cover
We understand students have a limited budget so Endsleigh have launched brand new, unique student insurance options. They have been designed to cover the risks that you may encounter whilst living in student accommodation and away from home.
We have the largest choice of high quality student houses in Lancaster that are close to the city centre, Lancaster University bus stops and the University of Cumbria campus.
Whether you want to be near the train station or the bus station or be able to roll out of bed and into your lectures, we have a house to suit you. Just call in at our office (92 Scotforth Road, opposite the BP petrol station) and speak to our Lettings Manager Lewis or call us on 07774 920816.
Fully Equipped Houses
All our properties have:
- Lounge with sofa/chairs
- Fully equipped Kitchens including washing machine, dryer cooker, fridge, freezer and microwave
- All Bedrooms include a desk & chair, wardrobe, chest of drawers and bed (4ft or 3/4 ‘s were possible)
- Unlimited broadband connection with most of our houses having wireless routers
- Free gas and electricity
Our staff are fully trained, friendly and are there to help you! We have our own excellent maintenance team who are always happy to help.
- We’re open 9am – 5.30pm Mon to Fri, so come in and see us
- We have a 24 hour contact number in case of an emergency
- We carry out any emergency repairs quickly
- You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have and we will respond to you as quickly as possible
Our Excellent Tenants!
We depend on the feedback from our tenants every year to help to continuously improve the service we provide to you. Twice a year we conduct a survey with our tenants to gain their valued opinions.